Introduction

MY name is John C. Kreuz and this blog is my thoughts on anything automotive related. Reviews of cars, new and old, stories of my past driving and car-related experiences and any kind of automotive news or humor that I can get my hands on. I hope you enjoy and feel free to give me your input.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

News and updates (FINALLY)

So, I finally have a chance to update you all on some important automotive information. First off, I bought a new car. Well, actually its a used rental car, but its practically new. I'm the proud new owner of a 2011 Hyundai Sonata. I bought it from Hertz and pretty much got a $5000 discount off the Kelly Blue Book price. I could have done our "Rent-to-Buy" program,where you can rent the car for the weekend and if you want to buy it, Hertz will refund the rental price. With Rent-to-Buy, you can expect $3000-$4000 off the Blue Book value. My Sonata had 45K miles at the time and I only had to put on a couple tires. I will give a full review in a little bit.

Secondly, I rented an '11 Jeep Patriot Latitude. I was NEVER a Jeep fan until I drove the Patriot. It was well put together, got through the snow without any issues, and I still had Sirius radio. I will also be reviewing the Patriot.

The family and I went on a little trip to Corpus Christi, TX. We rented a Chevy Traverse LS from Hertz Houston Intercontinental. We drove down to Corpus and spent a day at the Texas State Aquarium. On the last day, there was some business that needed to be taken care of in McAllen, TX. It was a crazy trip with a ton of driving, but all in all, we had fun. Expect a review of the Traverse.

I still owe my readers a review of our '11 Dodge Challenger R/T. Eventuall, I will get to that.

Finally, I will be reviewing 1:64 scale model cars like Matchbox, Hot Wheels, Johnny Lightning, etc. Since it's a hobby of mine, I figure I could integrate it into my writing.

So, Expect great things in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment